Click here to find Davitt Driveways map listing for Patios Wicklow. For the best Patios Wicklow company, call Davitt Driveways.
One of the most important furniture investments that you will ever make in your life is your sofa. Whether you have realized it yet or not, your sofa will be one of the focal points of your living room or family room.
Your sofa seats your guests when you do some entertaining at home. Your sofa will seat your family as they gather in front of the TV set or the gaming console. Even if you have set yourself into thinking that your sofa is only a temporary piece that you would keep for only a few years, you will certainly end up having it for around ten or more years before you even know it.
Since there is no such thing as a transitional sofa, you might as well furnish the best sofa that your money can buy when you are in the market for a good sofa. However, just how should you go about buying a good sofa? Here are a few pointers.
1. Choose a sofa that complements the style of the room where it will be placed. Before you go shopping for your new sofa, you have to take a good look of the room where you would be putting your sofa and consider the style in which the room was done. One of the guidelines in interior designs is that all the elements of a room must complement each other and create an overall look that is cohesive and harmonious. So, whatever sofa you are going to buy should help create that look of harmony and cohesiveness in the room.
2. Get a sofa that is proportionate to the size of the room. The scale of the room is another important factor that you should consider when you are buying a sofa. The size of your new sofa should be proportionate to the room you would be putting it in. Big sofas will crowd a small room, while small sofas will be drowned in a big room.
Also consider the use that your sofa would have in the room. If it is just for seating people, then there would be no problem for you to get a sofa that is a bit narrow between the arms. However, you may want to get a bit more space between the arms if you intend to lie on that sofa every once in a while.
3. Go for an armless sofa. If the room wherein you would be putting your sofa is a little too small and you need to make this room appear bigger than it really is, the solution you need to look at is the armless sofa. The armless sofa can create the illusion of added width in a room
4. Check out the cushioning of the sofa and determine how many it can seat. One basic truth about sofas is that no one wants to sit on the crack between two cushions simply because it is not a comfortable spot to rest one’s bum on. If you want your sofa to seat as many people as it can in reasonable comfort, you can choose a sofa with a single cushion.
Speaking of comfort, you would want your sofa to have a depth that is just perfect for you. A sofa with a good depth would have ample space between its edge and the back of your knees when you sit on it.
5. Keep in mind who would be using your sofa when considering fabric and patterns. Your sofa would need to be ready to withstand whatever use and abuse it will get from its expected users. So, when you are shopping for your sofa, consider who will be using it.
A sofa done in just one solid color is always nice to look at. However, stains and dirt become readily apparent on them. On the other hand, a sofa with patterned upholstery will work well in hiding stains and dirt. If you have kids at home or if you live with pets indoors, a patterned sofa would fit you more.
Likewise, if you have kids or pets at home, the fabric of your sofa should be something that is easy to clean and not too delicate. Otherwise, it would be too much of a chore to get dirt and stains cleaned up. Also, if the fabric is too delicate, you may run a bill on reupholstering your sofa. If you want a low-maintenance sofa, go ahead and get something done in leather.
Your sofa is an important piece of furniture that will stay with you for a very long time. When you go out to buy a sofa for any room in your house, take the time and effort to make a careful decision on what kind of sofa you are going to bring back home. Otherwise, you will have to live with the product of your mistake for a very long time.